- Introduzione all'Economia (2nd Edition), Zanichelli, 2015 (with L. Mittone and R. Tamborini)
- Macroeconomics from the Bottom-Up, Springer, 2011 (with D. Delli Gatti, S. Desiderio, P. Cirillo and M. Gallegati)
- Emergent Macroeconomics. An Agent-Based Approach to Business Fluctuations, Springer, 2008 (with D. Delli Gatti, M. Gallegati, G. Giulioni and A. Palestrini) Play with the model by using this Java applet. Courtesy of Jacob Grazzini
- Taxing financial transactions in fundamentally heterogeneous markets, Economic Modelling, 64:322-333, 2017 (with M. Molinari)
- Macroprudential consolidation policy in interbank networks, Journal of Evolutionary Economics, 26:77-99, 2016 (with M. Molinari)
- An agent-based "proof of principle" for Walrasian macroeconomic theory, Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory, 21:150-183, 2015 (with M. Gallegati and U. Gostoli)
- Interbank contagion and resolution procedures: inspecting the mechanism, Quantitative Finance, 15:637-652, 2015 (with M. Molinari)
- Loss aversion and the asymmetric transmission of monetary policy, Journal of Monetary Economics, 68:19-36, 2014 (with E. Santoro, I. Petrella and D. Pfajfar)
- At the core of the international financial system, Global Economy Journal, 14:163-188, 2014
- On the finance-growth nexus: Additional evidence from Central and Eastern Europe countries, Economic Change and Restructuring, 47:89-115, 2014 (with P. Garalova)
- Using information markets in grantmaking: an assessment of the issues involved and an application to Italian banking foundations, Il Risparmio Review, 61:71-107, 2013 This paper has won the 4th International Research on Philanthropy Award
the mean/variance relationship of the firm size distribution: evidence
and some theory, Ecological Complexity, 11:109-117, 2012 (with C. Di Guilmi, M. Gallegati and A. Russo)
If the financial system is complex, how can we regulate it?, International Journal of Political Economy, 40: 79-97, 2011 (with R. Tamborini)
The psychology of inflation, monetary policy and macroeconomic instability, Journal of Socio-Economics, 40: 660-670, 2011 (with G. Canzian)
- The distribution of sectoral TFP growth rates: international evidence, Economics Letters, 113:252-255, 2011
Complex agent-based macroeconomics: a manifesto for a new paradigm, Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, 5: 111-135, 2010 (with D. Delli Gatti and M. Gallegati)
- Business failures, macroeconomic risk and the effect of recessions on
long-run growth: a panel cointegration approach, Journal of Economics and Business, 61:435-452, 2009 (with E. Santoro)
- Adaptive microfoundations for emergent macroeconomics, Eastern Economic Journal, 34:441-463, 2008 (with D. Delli Gatti, S. Desiderio and M. Gallegati)
- Demand distribution dynamics in creative industries: the market for books in Italy, Information Economics and Policy, 20:257-268, 2008 (with A. Scorcu and L. Vici)
- LÚvy-stable productivity shocks, Macroeconomic Dynamics, 12:425-443, 2008.
- Scaling laws in the macroeconomy, Advances in Complex Systems, 11:131-138, 2008 (with D. Delli Gatti, M. Gallegati, G. Giulioni and A. Palestrini)
- Industrial dynamics, fiscal policy and R&D: evidence from a
computational experiment, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 64:426-447, 2007 (with A. Russo, M. Catalano, M. Gallegati and
- Reflections on modern macroeconomics: can we travel along a safer road?, Physica A, 382:89-97, 2007 (with M. Catalano, F. Clementi, D. Delli Gatti and M. Gallegati)
- Complex dynamics and empirical evidence, Information Sciences, 117:1202-1221, 2007 (with D. Delli Gatti, M. Gallegati, A. Kirman, A Palestrini and A. Russo)
- Ricerca e sviluppo, produttivitÓ e crescita economica: un modello con
agenti eterogenei interagenti, Sistemi Intelligenti, 18:155-164, 2006 (with M. Catalano, M. Gallegati, M.
Napoletano and A. Russo)
- International evidence on business cycle magnitude dependence: an
analysis of 16 industrialized countries, International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, 2:1-9, 2005 (with C. Di Guilmi, M.
Gallegati and A. Palestrini)
- Inflation regimes and price setting interactions, International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance, 8:339-355, 2005.
- A new approach to business fluctuations; heterogeneous interacting
agents, scaling laws and financial fragility, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 56:489-512, 2005 (with D. Delli Gatti, C.
Di Guilmi, G. Giulioni, M. Gallegati and A. Palestrini) This paper has won the "Elsevier economics&finance journals most cited articles 2005-09" Award
- The apprentice wizard: monetary policy, complexity and learning, New Mathematics and Natural Computation, 1:109-128, 2005 (with D. Delli Gatti, M. Gallegati and A. Palestrini)
- Requiem for the unit root in real per capital GDP? Additional evidence
from historical data, Empirical Economics, 30:37-63, 2005 (with M. Gallegati and M. Gallegati)
- Bankruptcy as an exit mechanism for systems witha a variable number of
components, Physica A, 334:8-13, 2004 (with D. Delli Gatti, C. Di Guilmi and M. Gallegati)
- Business cycle fluctuations and firms' size distribution dynamics, Advances in Complex Systems, 7:223-240, 2004. Also in Leombruni, R and M. Richiardi (eds), Industry and Labor Dynamics: The Agent-Based Computational Economics Approach. Singapore, World Scentific Press, 2004 (with
D. Delli Gatti, C. Di Guilmi, G. Giulioni, M. Gallegati and A.
- Empirical results on the size distribution of business cycle phases, Physica A, 333:325-334, 2004 (with C. Di Guilmi and M. Gallegati)
- Informational interaction in coordination games: experimental evidence, Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali, 111:553-547, 2003 (with M. Gallegati)
- Power law scaling in the world income distribution, Economics Bulletin, Vol.15, no.6, pp.1-7, 2003 (with C. Di Guilmi and M. Gallegati)
- Power laws and macroeconomic fluctuations, Physica A, 324:408-416, 2003 (with M. Gallegati, G. Giulioni and A. Palestrini)
- On the size distribution of firms: additional evidence from the G7 countries, Physica A, 324:117-123, 2003 (with M. Gallegati and A. Palestrini)
- The economics of HIV-AIDS: a review article, Development Policy Review, 21:27-49, 2003.
- Comovimenti settoriali e ciclo economico in Italia: 1990-1999, Studi e Note di Economia, 3:149-171, 2000.
- Un approccio "interattivo" alle teoria del reddito permanente, Rivista di Politica Economica, 77:97-130, 2000.
- Competition-led endogenous growth with localized technological change, Economics of Innovation and New Technology, 8:225-251, 1999.
- Alcuni aspetti analitici dell'economia delle interazioni sociali, Economia Politica, 16:459-505, 1999.
A frequency domain analysis of business cycle in Italy: 1866-1996, Rassegna dei Lavori dell'ISCO, 14:33-50, 1997 (with M. Gallegati)
- Bilateral netting and contagion dynamics in
financial networks, in Omatu, S., Malluhi, Q., Gonzales, S., Bocewicz,
G., Bucciarelli, G., Giulioni, G. and Iqbal, F. (eds), Distributed Computing and Artificial Intellingence, 12th International Conference. Springer, 2015 (with L. Gobbi)
magistratura mercantile della fiera di Bolzano (1635-1851): Un'analisi
economica, in Bonoldi, A., Leonardi,
A. and Occhi, K. (eds), Interessi e Regole: Operatori e Istituzioni nel Commercio Transalpino in EtÓ Moderna (Secoli XVI-XIX). Il Mulino, 2012 (with L. Andreozzi and M. Faillo)
Keynes in the computer laboratory. An agent-based model with MEC,
MPC, LP, in HernandÚz, C., Posada,
M. and A. L˛pez-Parades (eds), Artificial Economics. The Generative Method in Economics. Springer, 2009 (with G. Canzian and R. Tamborini)
A look at the relationship between industrial dynamics and aggregate
fluctuations, in Faggini, M. and
T. Lux (eds), Coping with the Complexity of Economics. Springer, 2009 (with D. Delli Gatti and M. Gallegati)
Getting fiscal policy measures right for the New SGP, in Farina, F. and R. Tamborini (eds), Macroeconomic Policy in the European Monetary Union. From the Old to the New Stability and Growth Path. Routledge, 2008 (with G. Passamani
and R. Tamborini)
Complex dynamics, financial fragility and stylized facts, in P. Mathieu, B. Beaufils e O. Brandouy (eds), Artificial Economics. Agent-based Methods in Finance, Game Theory and Their Applications. Springer, 2006 (with D. Delli
Gatti, M. Gallegati, G. Giulioni, A. Kirman, A. Palestrini and A.
Financial fragility and scaling distributions in the laboratory, in A. Namatame, T. Kaizouji
and Y. Aruka (eds), The Complex Networks of Economic Interactions. Springer, 2006 (with
G. Devetag, M. Gallegati and G. Giulioni)
Firms' size distribution and growth rates as determinants of business
fluctuations, in M. Salzano and A. Kirman (eds), Economics: Complex Windows. Springer, 2006 (with D. Delli Gatti, C. Di Guilmi, M. Gallegati, G.
Giulioni and A. Palestrini)
- Commento alla relazione di A.
Kirman, in D. Delli Gatti e M. Gallegati (eds), EterogeneitÓ degli agenti economici ed interazione sociale: teorie e
verifiche empiriche. Bologna: Il Mulino, 2005.
Il consumatore ideologo: la soddisfazione degli utenti di
organizzazioni non-profit, in
Schenkel, M. and M. Mellano (eds), Le Imprese del Terzo Tipo: Economia ed Etica del Settore Non Profit. Giappichelli, 2004 (with M. Michelutti and M. Schenkel)
Privatizzazioni ed efficienza, in De Nardis, S. (ed.), Le Privatizzazioni Italiane. Il Mulino, 2000.
Tutorial on social interaction economics, in Gallegati, M. and A. Kriman (eds), Beyond the Representative Agent.
Multilevel interactions with a Keynesian flavour in a stochastic macroeconomic model, in Gallegati, M. and A. Kirman (eds), Beyond the Representative Agent. Edward Elgar, 1999.
- Teoria del disegno dei meccanismi e sviluppo locale, Acta Concordium, Vol. 37, 2015.
- La politica industriale serve? Si, dicono la teoria (vecchia e nuova) e l'esperienza degli altri paesi, in Centro Studi Confindustria (ed.), Scenari
Industriali. Sipi, 2012.
Il ritorno economico della lettura: rapporto di ricerca, in Associazione Italiana Editori (ed.), Investire per Crescere. Materiali per una discussione. AIE, 2006 (with A. Scorcu)
La diversificazione produttiva dei grandi gruppi italiani: 1976-1996, in Centro Studi Confindustria (ed.), Rapporto sull'Industria Italiana. L'Economia dei Settori Produttivi nel 1998. SIPI, 1999.
Come investono le imprese. La recente esperienza
italiana alla luce di alcune questioni teoriche, in Centro Studi Confindustria,
Rapporto sull'Industria Italiana.
L'Economia dei Settori Produttivi nel 1997. Sipi, 1998 (with M. Gallegati)
teaching other activities